Perth’s annual Christmas Pageant (RAC Christmas Pageant, supported by the City of Perth, Channel Seven and The West Australian) is returning to the CBD streets for its 46th year!
Only a few days to go until St George’s Terrace is set to come alive once again with the colour and magic of The 2017 RAC Christmas Pageant.
This year’s event promises to be packed with fun from end-to-end, including spectacular new floats, bands, music and dancing, Seven personalities including Fat Cat and, of course, Santa with his reindeers, food and beverage options and so much more!
Saturday 2nd December 2017 – lock the date in your diary now!
Enjoy the fun and festivities as your favourite floats and characters, including clowns, dancers, TV personalities and many more join santa and his reindeer for this ultimate annual Christmas event.
The 2017 parade will start at 7.30pm, and it will follow a slight shorter route than last year, starting on St Georges Terrace (at William Street) heading East along the Terrace all the way to until the finish line at Bennett Street. The parade will turn down Bennett Street and onto Langely Park. Further route details below:
- Parade will start on ST GEORGES TERRACE, at the cross of WILLIAM STREET.
- The parade will then head East down St Georges Terrace, on the NORTHERN side of the road, crossing Barrack, Pier, Irwin, Victoria & Hill Streets.
- The parade will then end on reaching BENNETT STREET, at which point the parade vehicle and participants will turn down Bennett Street and enter a secure (on Langley Park).
Top Tips for 2017:
- No. 1 rule of the night – STAY BEHIND THE BLUE LINE.
- With up to 200,000 people expected, it is important to have fun and be courteous to everyone.
- Arrive early to get a good spot for your family, especially if you have little ones. Remember that at popular points along the route the crowd can get over 15 persons deep and viewing from the back is very difficult.
- Remember that if you turn up late you WILL NOT get a good spot.
- Take snacks and water with you. And bring something to keep the kids amused while they wait.
- If you get the munchies, there will be a few food vendors positioned at various points along the route.
- If you’ve got little kids, then a well timed toilet break prior to 7.30pm will mean that they don’t miss out on the fun of the floats. Expect long queues at the toilets.
- A significant number of roads will be closed for the event and if you plan on driving into Perth, then do your research. Otherwise use public transpor
Public Transport & Parking
Additional trains will run on all Transperth train lines to get you to and from the Christmas Pageant. Check the Transperth website or call the Info Line on 13 62 13 to plan your journey.
Plan your journey at www.transperth.wa.gov.au
For parking we recommend you park on the East end of Langley Park, access via Plain Street. For further parking information head to www.cityofperthparking.com.au or phone 1300 889 613. Parking rates will apply.