The 2016 Channel 7 & The West Australian Christmas Pageant
BOOK THE DATE NOW….
On Saturday 3rd December 2016 the streets of Perth CBD will once again burst into life as the 44th annual Channel Seven and The West Australian Christmas Pageant takes to the streets for another year. After the devastating cancellation of the 2015 event, that what better reason do you need to come and enjoy the fun and festivities as your favourite floats and characters, including clowns, dancers, TV personalities and many more join santa and his reindeer for this ultimate Christmas event.
The Northshore SES unit has been a proud supporter of the annual Pageant for many years, and we have committed to once again being a part of the 2015 event.
The 2016 parade will start at 7.30pm, and it will follow almost the same (longer) route as per 2014, starting on St Georges Terrace (at William Street) heading East along the Terrace, all the way past Plain Street, where it will turn right onto Ozone Reserve, where the parade will finish. Full route details below:
- Parade will start on St Georges Terrace, at the cross of WILLIAM STREET.
- The parade will then head East down St Georges Terrace, on the southern side of the road, crossing Barrack, Pier, Irwin, Victoria, Hill, Bennett and Plain Streets.
- The parade will then turn right onto OZONE RESERVE (at the far Eastern end of Adelaide Terrace) where the parade will finish. Vehicles will then enter a secure area on Ozone Reserve.
Top Tips for 2016:
- No. 1 rule of the night – stay behind the blue honour line.
- Arrive early to get a good spot for your family, especially if you have little ones (at popular points on the route the crowd can get over 15 persons deep and viewing from the back is very difficult). Remember that around 300,000 people turned up to watch the 2014 event. If you turn up late you WILL NOT get a good spot.
- Take snacks and water with you. Once you have got your spot, you might not want to lose your space to get refreshments.
- If you’ve got little kids with you a well timed toilet break prior to the pageant start time will mean that you don’t miss out on the fun of the floats.
- A significant number of roads will be closed for the event and if you plan on driving into Perth, then do your research. Otherwise use public transport.