The Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant
Year in, year out, on the first Saturday of December, the streets of Perth CBD burst into life as the Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant hits St Georges Terrace. What better reason do you need to come and enjoy the fun and festivities as your favourite floats and characters, including clowns, dancers, TV personalities and many more join santa and his reindeer for this ultimate Christmas event.
The Northshore SES unit has been a proud supporter of the annual Pageant for many years, and we have committed to helping for many more years to come.
The typical parade starts at 7.30pm, and it will follow almost the same route every year, starting on St Georges Terrace (at William Street) heading East along the Terrace, all the way to Victoria Avenue, where it will turn right and finish on Langley Park.
Top Tips for Spectators:
- No. 1 rule of the night – stay behind the blue honour line.
- Arrive early to get a good spot for your family, especially if you have little ones (at popular points on the route the crowd can get over 15 persons deep and viewing from the back is very difficult). Remember that around 300,000 people turned up to watch the 2014 event. If you turn up late you WILL NOT get a good spot.
- Take snacks and water with you. Once you have got your spot, you might not want to lose your space to get refreshments.
- If you’ve got little kids with you a well timed toilet break prior to the pageant start time will mean that you don’t miss out on the fun of the floats.
- A significant number of roads will be closed for the event and if you plan on driving into Perth, then do your research. Otherwise use public transport.